Alumni Photo ID Cards
All John Jay degree holders are automatically Alumni Association members and may begin the process for obtaining an alumni ID card (with photos and swipe technology) online. Alumni photo ID cards now certify lifetime membership, do not expire and provide access to alumni benefits — including a complimentary subscription to our electronic newsletter John Jay News!
To Obtain a Photo ID Alumni Card
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ALUMNI CARD WILL NOT BE MAILED AND MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON.
- Please complete the alumni card application online.
- A minimum donation of $10 is required.
- Once the donation is complete, you will receive an email receipt/confirmation. DO NOT DELETE IT!
- Bring your email receipt/confirmation along with a recent government-issued photo ID to the Office of Public Safety, Room L2.61 of the New Building. The office is located on Floor L2 of the new building, 524 West 59 Street (between 10th and 11th Avenues).
- At that time, you will be photographed and your alumni card will be issued on the spot.
- The Office of Public Safety is open for card pick up from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. To request an individual appointment during off hours, please call (212) 237-8524.
All graduates holding John Jay degrees are automatically members of the Alumni Association and may order mini–diploma alumni cards by mail. Each mini-diploma card is accompanied by — and features on its face — an exact replica of your official diploma! Members of each graduating class receive a complimentary mini-diploma inside the large envelope containing your official diploma. If you have lost your mini-diploma and would like to order a replaced, follow the steps below.
To Obtain a Mini-Diploma
- Please download and follow the application instructions.
Enclose with your application a $30 fee, using a check or money order payable to “John Jay College.” You may use cash only if paying in person in the Bursar’s Office. (No credit cards please.)
- Applications are processed approximately 4-6 weeks from receipt. The name and student ID information on your application must match the student information on file when you attended the College. If your name was changed legally after graduation, please send a Change of Name application as well.
If you have other questions about mini-diploma cards, please email@example.com. Thank you.